HPCC Marriage Retreat FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does it cost? It cost $155 per couple. The retreat is $120 for lodging, food, etc. Additionally, it is $35.00 per couple for the online Prepare/Enrich couples inventory which is the basis of the retreat. This fee is paid by the first spouse to take the online inventory.
- When does it start? When does it end? The retreat starts at 5:00 p.m. on Friday and concludes at 1:00 p.m. in the afternoon on Sunday.
- What’s the atmosphere like? These retreats are laid-back, full of laughter, faith, and learning. They are friendly to both husbands and wives. No one is pressured to share publicly.
- Who is leading the retreat? Pastor Harold and Pastor Amy from Family Ministry will lead the retreat. Other family ministry leaders will assist in games, hosting, and cooking delicious food!
- What is the retreat about? This Retreat is based on Prepare & Enrich’s Couples Check-up materials. Each couple will take an online marriage inventory before attending the retreat. During the retreat, couples will learn their strengths and growth areas, learn evidence-based skills, and foster insights for healthy relationships. Prepare & Enrich has been used to strengthen over four million marriages, is based on solid research, and will be integrated with the truth of Scripture to form a healthy foundation for solid, Christ-centered marriage.
- What is the schedule like? There are group teaching times, group discussions, group games, couple time alone to work on activities, free time, mealtime, and worship time together Sunday morning.
- How do I get to the retreat? You drive yourself in your own vehicle to the retreat. Our locations are within an hour and a half of Casper and are on spacious ranch properties.
- What are the accommodations like? Each couple will have their own private bedroom. Linens and towels are provided. Meals are enjoyed together around big tables.
- How many couples attend?There is room for 10 couples to participate in each retreat.
- Can you accommodate my dietary issues? We do our best to accommodate people’s food allergies. Please let us know as soon as you register so we can plan the menu in light of your needs.
- Do we have to be married to attend? Yes. This Retreat is only available for a husband and wife who are married. Engaged or cohabitating couples are invited to partake in FOCCUS, a premarital mentoring program that can help you prepare for marriage and discern if marriage is the next step for your relationship. You do not have to attend HPCC to participate in FOCCUS.
- Do we have to attend Highland Park Community Church? You do not have to attend HPCC to attend the retreat.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church at 307-265-4073