Highland Park Job Openings
CR Children’s Ministry Coordinator – Job Duties Description
- Arrive between 4 – 5pm and leave around 9 every Friday night
- Set-up and plan activities for ministry nights, make supply lists, and shop for all activities, as well as prep for all tasks
- Communicate with volunteers, staff, and CR pastoral assistant weekly via email or phone and coordinate accordingly
- Lead and oversee all areas of children and nursery
- Delegate and when needed take over for any area lacking leader or volunteers
- Research & choose elementary curriculum, creates weekly schedule for 6-8 weeks ( make sure each volunteer has copies of lessons and knows task roles ) ie. Crafts, games, and sermons
- Conduct monthly meeting with volunteers, & attend meetings conducted by CR leaders
- Make sure Security is updated and notified of any and all happenings, security check in and out each night
- Prep for and walk through and shutdown all elementary and nursery areas every Friday night
Kids Ministry Elementary Coordinator Job Description
Highland Park Community Church – 5725 Highland Drive is a growing church with over 1700+ people in weekly attendance. So much more than that, we’re seeing people come to know the Lord, and God is changing lives. People are getting connected with others and growing deeper in their walks with the Lord. Above all, He’s being glorified. We’ve never been more excited about what the Lord has in store.
Position Title: Elementary Coordinator (10-25 hours per week)
Purpose: To carry out the vision and mission of HPCC by building and implementing a dynamic Elementary Kids program at all services.
- Responsible for the overall organization and implementation of Elementary programming (K through 5th grade) at all services.
- Look for creative ways to take the Elementary program to the next level
- Lead large group experiences and teach the lesson
- Organize, gather, and maintain all supplies for large and small group ministry.
- Recruit and schedule K-5 volunteers
- Convert and prepare all social media, videos, and curriculum for elementary programming. Be familiar with ProPresentor.
- Provide and ensure a safe children’s environment
- Arrange for subs when needed
- Encourage volunteers
- Prepare lesson materials for volunteers (materials, activities, etc.)
- Work with the Children’s Pastor to provide uniform curriculum throughout all kids services
- Meet parents and their children and grow relationships with them
- Assist with special Kids Ministry events (Movie Nights, VBS, Family Experiences, Christmas Program, etc.)]
- Attend monthly Kids Ministry staff meetings
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality, integrity, and grace when working with parents, team leaders, and other staff members.
- Acceptance of Staff Expectations
- Understand and know how to use: Illustrator, Google Docs, Mailchimp, PhotoShop, ProPresentor, and overall above-average computer skills.
- Assist in designing environments that will knock kids’ socks off.
- Other duties as assigned
- An authentic follower of Christ that is pursuing the Lord with his/her heart, mind and soul
- A life growing in all aspects of the fruit of the Spirit love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control
- Fully committed to the vision and values of HPCC
- Knowledgeable of and experienced with technology and social media
- Great communicator
- Makes it happen
- Passionate about reaching the next generation for Jesus
- Hard-working, but loves to have fun
- Willing to go the extra mile
- Leader – strong leadership and organizational skills
- Loves people
- Involved in the heart and life of HPCC (small group, events, etc.)