Highland Park Community Church – 5725 Highland Drive is a growing church with over 1700+ people in weekly attendance. So much more than that, we’re seeing people come to know the Lord and God is changing lives. People are getting connected with others and growing deeper in their walks with the Lord. Above all, He’s being glorified. We’ve never been more excited about what the Lord has in store.
Position Title: Family Ministry Administrative Assistant
(17-19 hours per week)
Position Title: Kids Ministry Worship Leader
(10-15 hours per week)
Family Ministry Administrative Assistant
- To assist in the ongoing administration of Family Ministry to ensure efficiency of operations
- To attend weekly planning meeting with Family Ministry pastor
- To establish and maintain an efficient filing system for all records
- To provide clerical support which will include correspondence, printing, reports, etc.
- To prepare and send out notices for programs including agendas and materials
- To maintain an inventory of supplies and resources; ordering and restocking as directed
- To receive incoming phone calls, emails, and mail routing to appropriate place when necessary
- To prepare calendar, schedule and arrange appointments, meetings, conferences, etc. to coordinate with church calendar.
- To assist in the promotion of Family Ministry initiatives throughout the year (ex. Family Experiences, Workshops, Seminars, Retreats etc. claiming ownership of assigned responsibilities and following through to successful completion.
- To ensure adherence to the annual Family ministry budget according to church policy
- To keep informed on current church methods, materials, promotional ideas, and administrative techniques, using them where appropriate
- To be informed of church goals, emphases, publications, materials, and plans for using them as they relate to the local church and its programs
- To assist with other church initiatives as directed by the Church Administrator and/or Family Ministry Pastor
- To act as a liaison with office staff to coordinate with and support other ministries and to handle inquiries concerning upcoming family activities and events
- To be prepared to perform other duties as deemed necessary by Director or Church Administration due to increased attendance, evolving ministry, and building needs
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision, making decisions as appropriate.
- Proficient with Mac and Microsoft Office software
- Strong interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Prepare and facilitate mailings.
- Maintain events, meetings, and other activities on the church calendar.
- Respond to emails and voicemails in a timely manner.
- Communicate with the Creative Arts Team to design work needed for various Family Ministry events.
- Attend weekly all staff prayer times and Family Ministry staff meetings. (Tuesdays)
- Maintain current contact information for volunteers and help them connect with social media forums that the Family Ministry uses.
The Administration Assistant must have accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and be submitting their daily walk to the Lord.
Approximately 17-19 hours weekly- May vary slightly with season and/or special events
To apply, please email Harold Bradshaw – email@example.com
Kidz Ministry Worship Leader Job Description
- Responsible for the overall organization and implementation of the worship experience on Wednesday Night and Sunday morning programming (K through 5th grade) at all services.
- Look for creative ways to take the elementary worship experience/program to the next level
- Lead worship on a weekly basis
- Recruit, train and schedule worship leaders.
- Provide and ensure a safe children’s environment
- Equip and train volunteers (moves to songs, lyrics, how to operate mics etc.)
- Work with the Coordinator and Kids Pastor to align worship with the curriculum throughout all kids services
- Meet parents and their children and grow relationships with them
- Assist with special Kids Ministry events (Special Events, VBS, Easter/Christmas Program etc.)
- Work closely with the Elementary Coordinator and Kids Ministry Pastor to plan and prepare a quality worship experience each week.
- Provide assistance to small groups after worship.
- Must be able to run propresenter, mic, sound board and all operational systems necessary for the worship experience to take place.
- In your absence make sure all things are in place, people are trained and prepared to execute the worship experience.
- Attend monthly Kidz Ministry staff meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- An authentic follower of Christ that is pursuing the Lord with his/her heart, mind and soul
- A life growing in all aspects of the fruit of the Spirit love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control
- Fully committed to the vision and values of HPCC
- Knowledgeable of and experienced with technology and social media
- Great communicator
- Makes it happen
- Self starter
- Passionate about reaching the next generation for Jesus
- Hard-working, but loves to have fun
- Willing to go the extra mile
- Leader – strong leadership and organizational skills
- Loves people
- Involved in the heart and life of HPCC (small group, events, etc.)